Tuesday, January 5, 2016

HOWDY! (the obligatory introduction)

Well, howdy! It's 2016 and one of my new year resolutions was to get back into the music blogosphere.  I used to be much more avid about keeping up with one in college, but life got so busy!

If you're curious to see some of my old stuff...take a gander:

A Day in the Life of a Music Junkie

For starters I'll introduce myself. My name is Siri--yes, like the iPhone...


--and I'm a big lover of music. I've been singing since I was four years old thanks to laserdisc karaoke, and I grew up listening to Mariah Carey, Madonna and eventually Christina Aguilera, who indirectly helped me in developing my chops.

Just some stuff about moi --

Originally I was born and raised in Texas and went to University of Texas at Austin--where my longhorns at?! After graduating with a Communications: Radio, Television and Film degree I packed my bags and moved to the beautiful, sunny Los Angeles, CA!

I'm currently working in the music industry as the Associate Editor for Music Connection magazine, which is a great information resource for anyone trying advance their career in the industry--musician-wise or professionally. I've written two cover stories in the last year: All Time Low & 5 Seconds of Summer.

To be honest, I'm not too picky when it comes to listening to music. I can listen to pretty much anything, and I give everything a fair chance. At the moment I'm really into electro-pop, indie pop and alternative R&B.

If you wanna win my heart, talk up a storm with me about Christina Aguilera (pop), Demi Lovato (pop), All Time Low (pop punk) and Travis Garland (alternative R&B).



That should do it for now! Let's get started (:

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment