Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Fall Out Boy ft. Demi Lovato - "Irresistible" Music Video


This is one of those cases where two of my worlds collide in the music scene. My pop-punk/alternative crashes with my pop. I had been putting off listening to Fall Out Boy's collaboration with Demi Lovato for awhile until the video dropped today.

Normally I hesitate listening to the worlds collide, but I have to say...I absolutely love Demi's raspy, demanding vocals in this song. She adds just a little extra something to the song, even though the song is already great to begin with. It kinda takes me back to the time when she first started doing music with a pop rock vibe a la Don't Forget. (Dear Demi, please make another album with a more rock vibe...)


This recent collab expands on FOB's original track from their 2015 American Beauty/American Psycho album. Patrick Stump and Demi's vocals blend pretty well together to a point where the song doesn't seem like a collaboration--it could be its own entity.

Also, major props to FOB for throwing back to NSYNC's "It's Gonna Be Me" music video and bringing it into the 21st century. Not to mention further actually having Joey Fatone cameo in the video as well. The NSYNC fangirl in me just had a field day.


I wish I had listened to this song much earlier, with or without Demi. It's super catchy and I'm gonna be jamming it in my car for the next few days. I'll probably have it on rotation all day at the office, which might drive my co-workers crazy (;

Check out the video yourself:


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment